Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: HR Derby

  1. #61
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndn12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">exactly. but the overall battle for hamilton is finished but things like ws and possibly a mvp down the road is just icing ont he cake.</div></div>
    no question about it
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #62
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    Well Im guessing either of you havent been in a situation where you had to fight a battle to live...I have....Of course the day they told me i was cancer-free would seem like i had one the battle..but every time i go back for check ups and its still negative, I am still winning the battle...playing basketball, going back to school, graduating..was me still winning the battle because there was a time when none of that seemed possible...just like none of what hamilton is doing at some point in time didnt seem possible when he was going through what he went through so yes its still winning the battle...I dont expect yall to understand that,but i wont hold yalls lack of knowledge to that situation against the both of you... so there you go..hoped i cleared things up...but prolly not since you havent went through something of that nature..which i hope yall never dont or never have...plain and simple that the real truth of the matter

  3. #63
    Inactive Member imported_ndn10's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    749
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    i understand you have went through a condition that was life threatening but hmailton and your situation is completly different. He has an addiction and obviously he fixed it. Yes everyday being sober is winning but getting back into baseball and finding religion pretty much takes the cake. everything else is just more icing on the cake.


    I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13

  4. #64
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ndn12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i understand you have went through a condition that was life threatening but hmailton and your situation is completly different. He has an addiction and obviously he fixed it. Yes everyday being sober is winning but getting back into baseball and finding religion pretty much takes the cake. everything else is just more icing on the cake.</div></div>
    i agree that comparing the two is foolish because they are not the same

    his problems were brought on by himself
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  5. #65
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    Yes, but maybe if he continued he wouldve died...I mean maybe he wasnt that bad off but to me it seems like he was pretty bad off...I see what youre saying about the icing on the cake, but when something bad in your life has happened..which it mustve been a real awakening to find religion but when somebody has been through something life threatening then the things that other ppl see as not so big is actually huge to the other person

  6. #66
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    assuming he would have died is a mistake

    theres a good chance he wouldnt have died........but theres a good chance he wouldnt be playing baseball.......making millions of dollars.......or playing in all star games

    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    raider--your heart's in the right place, but you're flat out getting pwned in this thread. Your logic makes zero sense. It was such horrible logic that you had to pull out the "I had cancer so I'm right" card. I'm not poking fun at your past affliction, I'm just saying that if you had a solid point you shouldn't have had to resort to that.

    It's fine that you identify with Hamilton--we all do to a point because it's a great story. I was upset he didn't win the contest, but Morneau hit five, and Hamilton three in the finals. That's it--end of story. Hamilton's comeback, to me, is complete--and I can't believe I'm gonna say this--but BWC was right. The moment he got back into baseball after a 3 year layoff was the moment he had won...not last night. The moment he put down the pipe and found God--that's when he won.

    Don't get it twisted.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    Now this is a funny thread

    But I agree with cane the moment he found God is the moment he won!

    But Morneau even said himself last night was Hamilton's night.

    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I can't believe I'm gonna say this--but BWC was right</div></div>
    i knew id get that out of you one of these years
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  10. #70
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HR Derby

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BlueWahooChambor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and I can't believe I'm gonna say this--but BWC was right</div></div>
    i knew id get that out of you one of these years</div></div>

    I knew you would too--if it were baseball or food related.

    Care to talk about zone blocking?
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •